Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Doing Something New

Since I didn't get up to go running this morning and to be honest I might not get up early like that to go running unless the sun is starting to peek out, it scares me a little run in the dark by myself, I decided to try and get some running in on my lunch break.  I brought everything to work, even baby wipes to clean my smelly self with afterwards.  In all honesty, I'm really looking forward to this run.  I plan on starting from my office and running down to the river.  A new place to run is always a favorite of mine plus trying to fit it in an hour is going to be a struggle.  Luckly I brought my lunch to work and will be eating it immedately after I get back.  Leftover chili is the absolute best and my mouth has been watering for it all morning.

Well we found out yesterday that Bug's first soccer game is against a fierce opponent.  Coach said he was going to do his best to keep the girls pumped up during the game.  I plan on bringing my pom-pom and cheering like the crazy soccer mom I'm turning into.  I super duper excited about Saturday's game.  I'm a little bummed because I'm going to have to miss one game this season and that's because it falls on October 16 and we all know where I'll be during that time.  By the time the game starts, I'll be an hour into my race.  Panama City Beach is an hour behind me so if the race starts at 8:00 a.m. their time, that means it's 9:00 a.m. at home.  Since Bug's game starts at 10:00 at home, that means it's 9:00 a.m. in Panama City Beach and I'll hopefully be starting the last 5K of the race (key word to that sentence, is HOPEFULLY).

I think I've got a good handle on this cold.  I got a jump on it by taking Nyquil the night before and having been taking cold medicine ever since.  My throat is not so bad now, just scratchy and annoying, like most things in my life.

I'll definitely be back after my lunch run to fill everyone in on how it all went down.  Stay tuned for it, it should be interesting.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment