Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Review

As usual this weekend flew by.  Every Sunday around 5, I sit and wonder where did the weekend go and then I go about getting dinner ready and the girls settled in for the night.

Yesterday my sister took Money and Bug with her and her two kids to a pool party, which left the hubs and I alone all afternoon.  It was really nice.  I sat outside with the water hose and read a book while getting some sun.  At one point, the hubs walked out and asked, "How can you just sit out here in this heat?"  I replied, "Honey, I can go and run 2+ hours, sitting out here in the heat is semi-like me going for a 12 mile run.  I can just do it."  It was the best hour and half I ever had sitting outside in the sun.

Then the hubs and I, along with an old friend of ours, rearranged our living room.  We have a sectional sofa that is huge and our living room is not that big.  So we had it broken up so we could use the fireplace during the winter and we usually connect the couch during the summer and block off the fireplace.  Well this year we kept the living room like it was during winter and it made for a small place.  When we rearranged yesterday, you wouldn't believe the amount of room we were able to achieve.  If I didn't like to use my fireplace during the winter, I might just leave it like this forever, or at least until we get some new furniture, which we are hoping to do next year.

Overall I had a great weekend.  This weekend coming up I have a 10.5K race and then the following weekend is the start of college football.  WAR EAGLE!!!!!  I'm hoping the Auburn Tigers are going to pull a win out but you just never know and that's why I'm a huge college football fan.  Watching pros is alright and I'll do it but I would so much rather college.  They play with their hearts and you can just feel it while watching, the pros play because they are getting paid and there is not much heart there. 

Anywho, I'm really looking forward to September. 

Love,
Angela :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great weekend! how nice of your sister to take the kids so you could relax.

    ReplyDelete