Friday, August 20, 2010

The weekend is upon us

As everyone knows, I'm a weekend kind of girl.  After working 40 hours a week in the office, the weekends are something that I look forward to.  Even though I don't sleep in on Saturday mornings, I love the fact that I don't have to rush my runs because I have to be at work by 8:30. 

Well this morning I was going to make up the four miles that I was suppose to run yesterday.  But because the hip has been giving me problems, I opted out and decided to take another rest day to make sure it feels better and so far so good.  Only a slight pain and if I continue to stretch it out it feels so much better.  Last night before bed I sat on the floor and stretched that hip out for at least 20 minutes, no kidding.  By the time I crawled into bed I was feeling so loose. 

My lunch break today is going to be a date at the shoe store.  I'm really exctied.  I'm also going to start using my other pair of running shoes that are not actually past their prime.  I didn't train for a half in them and I didn't run the half in them, they were my racing shoes, so I'm thinking of pulling them out for tomorrow's run and then rotating them out with the new ones.  At least the knee pain and shin pain has completely disappeared.

So speaking of tomorrow's run, I'm contemplating doing somewhere between 6 and 8, just going to run with no time frame or pace goals, just want to run.  I haven't just ran in forever, training for races will take the "just because" right out of running and fast.  Next week, I'm jumping right back into training hardcore.  I'm starting to loose focus and the half marathon is in 2 months.  Were did all my time go????  These things sneak up on you and fast.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday, and for those racing this weekend, I so can't wait to read the race reports. 

Angela

2 comments:

  1. I think they retailed at $90 and I paid $70. The reason I bought two new pairs of shoes is b/c they were having a one day sale for our track team with all shoes at 20-25% off!!

    I'll keep you posted on what I think about them. Hope you have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime, thanks for the information. I'm hoping to be able to get a new pair soon.

    ReplyDelete