Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Thursday

Well I thought the pain in my knee was starting to disappear when it made its return last night after my 5 miler, which by the way I killed in 44:11 minutes.  I'm slowly starting to creep down to a sub 44 minute 5 miler.  Anywho, I think the pain had to do with running so fast but I really was trying to beat the rain, that never came, go figure.

I promise that this Friday I"m not making any lunch plans with anyone except for the shoe salesman at the shoe store I use to purchase my running shoes.  Once I get a new pair of running shoes, that's not running on fumes, I have a huge feeling that all the aches and pains I'm feeling will disappear, not magically, but you know over time.

I've decided what I'm going to do for next weekend.  I'm taking the advice that I was given and will try to get in a 2 mile warmup, run the 10.5k in a tempo fashion, and then squeeze in a 1 mile cooldown.  If it all goes according to my plans, then I should be able to squeeze in 10 miles next Saturday.  Thanks everyone for the advice and helping me decide what would be best.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get my 4 miles in this afternoon or not.  I was going to this morning but at 2 I woke up to go to the bathroom and just felt really stiff and my left hip was screaming like a crazy woman at me.  I'm contemplating seeing a sports doctor and seeing what he thinks is the problem with my hip.  This pain started a couple of  months ago and comes and goes.  Last night it was the worst its ever been.  Maybe I'm not stretching it out enough.  I'm hoping to google some good hip stretches today and giving them a  try when I go to the gym for my 30 abs class on my lunch break.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment