Monday, July 12, 2010

Weight

I don't usually worry much about my weight.  I'm happy with where I'm at, at the moment but after thinking it over and looking at past races, I've decided to try and lose 5 more pounds.  In the grand scheme of things, these 5lbs may not make a huge difference but I feel as though they might.  So in an effort to help get these 5lbs off I went to the library and looked at dieting books.  Instead I found Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney.  Now I'm no fat girl and I really don't think of myself as a former fat girl but I did look through the book quickly and found that it comes from her point of view and she is really funny in telling of how she lost the weight.  I don't do well following diets so I figured this would help me to get a general idea of what I need to do to get these 5lbs off.

One thing's for sure, I'm definitely going to be hitting up Walmart and looking at some handheld weights and getting back into the 30 Day Shred.  I stopped working on that video about a week ago and I really want to jump back into it.  I think I'm going to get some 3lbs weights and 5lbs weights so I will have a little mix on the weights.  I'm also going to start really hitting the gym harder and using their machines to help get some of the muscles toned.  That will most definitely help get the weight off.

I'm pretty stoked about my new plan of losing weight, I just hope I can keep this excitement up.  Well see in a month (30 Day Shred) if I did it.  Plan starts today.

On today's agenda I have 3 miles to run and 30 Day Shred.  Bring on the exercise, I'm ready.  Also if you would like to win some Luna Bars (which I haven't tried, but I love energy bars) check out Skinnyrunner's Giveaway for some.  You have until Wednesday, so get over there and leave her a comment.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the linkback and good luck losing the 5. ive always heard that the lighter you are, the faster you'll run... but who knows. good luck!

    ReplyDelete