Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cross Training Tuesday

So this morning I dragged my booty out of bed sometime around 5:35 and went to the gym for a 5:45 spin class.  I then worked on the weight machines and did a whole lot of upper arm stuff.  Friday I'm going to work on my legs.  Hubby has told me that squats are the best things for legs, so I'm going to give it a go with weights Friday morning.  I'm feeling pretty good but really hate the early morning wake-up call to get that cross training in. 

Yesterday I should have done my 3 miles in the morning but I didn't so that meant I had to do them after work.  Well it was raining so I took it to the gym and logged 3 miles on the treadmill in 27:20 (9:06 pace, I believe, it's on daily mile).  I dreaded the run because I dread the treadmill.  To top off the horrible run, my right ear piece on my mp3 player went out.  Annoying if I do say so myself.  The only fun part of the evening was having Monkey take a shower with me.  That girl loves showers and especially loves it when I hold her up near the water and she semi reclines in my arms with the water washing down over her head.  It's so cute.

Tomorrow I've got 5 miles on tap with 3 being tempo (8:10 pace).  Didn't get to start my 30 Day Shred (30DS) back up again because I didn't go get the weights like I wanted to.  I might go today on my lunch break since the place I get my hair cut at is right next door to Walmart.  Not sure we shall see, but if I don't, then I'll start it next week.  I'm doing weights at the gym, so I'm in no hurry to get some for the house.

Bug starts training for her 5K this week.  I think this evening I'm going to get her outside for a mile run.  She'll be doing a mile all week and then next week I'll move her up to 2 miles and quite possibly 3 miles if I have time.  Considering she's done these befores and knows that if she needs to walk, then she can, I feel 2 miles is sufficient for her training.

Well I better get back to work.  Have a wonderful Tuesday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment