Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tempo Wednesday

So today's schedule was 5 miles with 3 being at an 8:10 pace.  It was humid, stuffy feeling outside, and by the time I got through with the first mile, I really wanted to turn around and head back home.  But I suffered through the 5 miles and suffer it was.

Here's the low down:

Mile 1 - 9:18 - I really need to learn to slow my warm up runs down. 
Mile 2 - 8:06 - Start of my 3 mile tempo run and let's just say this was the only mile that even came close to the correct pace I was suppose to be running.
Mile 3 - 8:22
Mile 4 - 8:23
Mile 5 - 10:22 - Can anyone say COOL DOWN!!!
Total miles - 5
Total time - 44:33
Total average pace - 8:53
Calories Burned - 509

It was rough, it was tough, and at 3.5 miles I seriously thought I was going to puke.  I'm hoping that these tempo runs get easier.

Tomorrow I have 3 miles at a 9:42 pace and then Friday I'm going to spin.  I was thinking I was going to do the weight machines on my legs, but I have 8 miles lined up on my schedule for Saturday and I don't think it would be a good idea to do weights before that.  I might just take the weights easy and not do a whole lot but get some in.  We shall see.

Have a wonderful Hump Day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment