Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Thursday

Yesterday after I got the girls home and had dinner made, I had Bug put on a pair of running shoes and off to the track we went.  I only wanted Bug to run a mile (4 laps) and then we would go home.  She was game and Monkey even tagged along in her stroller.  Once we made it to the track, I let Monkey free from her stroller and Bug lined up on the 1.  On Your Marks, Get Set GO!!!!  Bug ran that mile in 11 minutes and I was so proud of her.  She was proud of her and even Monkey was proud of her.  We are going back tonight so Bug can run another mile before Sunday, where she will attempt 2 miles.

As for me, I slowly dragged my butt out of bed this morning and somehow made it through a 3 mile easy run.  I didn't want to be out there, my calf muscle was hurting and I just wasn't feeling it but I did it. 

Here's the low down of said run:
Mile 1 - 8:58
Mile 2 - 9:01
Mile 3 - 8:40
.05 - 7:26
Total Miles 3.05
Total calories burned: 308
Total Time: 27:03

The good thing on this run this morning, was seeing so many people out.  I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I ran into another runner, well he was out this morning but guess what, so was another running and a walker that I've noticed on my way home.  That put a huge smile on my face seeing just 3 people.  I never see anyone out exercising when I'm out, so it was a plus.

Tomorrow I've got spin and then on Saturday I have 8 miles on my schedule.  I am a little nervous for these miles because after 7, I usually hit that Wall that so many runners talk about.  I'm hoping that the run goes smoothly. 

Have a great Thursday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment