Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday Runs

I'm so ready for this week to be over.  The other secretary in the office ended up having to have emergency surgery Monday to have her gall bladder removed, which left me by myself with three lawyes, doing it all.   It gets pretty crazy when I'm the only one they all come running to.

This morning I had a 6 mile tempo run.  I was feeling good, the leg wasn't bothering me and I just knew it was going to be a great run.  Well it was for three miles and then everything went down hill from there.

Here's said paces from the run:

Mile 1 - 9:30 - Getting a little bit better about warm-up runs.
Mile 2 - 7:56 - Start of the tempo run
Mile 3 - 8:01
Mile 4 - 8:35 - This is the start of going downhill.  Sucked major running.
Mile 5 - 9:05
Mile 6 - 9:08
Total miles - 6
Total time: 52:24
Average pace - 8:42
Calories burned: 611

Overall, I wasn't upset with the time of the run, I was upset about the tempo run.  I was  suppose to do 4 at an 8:09 pace but as you can clearly see I was only able to get 2 miles done close to that pace before it went to hell.  I was sucking major wind by the time I hit mile 4 and was starting to get a cramp.  I also let myself slow down and that's where I screwed up.  If I didn't allow the slowing down I probably could have pulled it off or at least had better times.  I do know that these tempo runs will get easier as time goes on.

Tomorrow I have 3 easy miles at a 9:36 pace and then ab class at 12.  I'm starting to look foward to Tuesday/Thursdays just because of Abs.

On a different but yet crazy not, I let daily mile upload automatically to facebook after I post my runs.  Well my mom called me this morning and said that on a recent post my address, telephone number, everything was posted for all to see.  Even though I have a facebook page, I keep it as private as I can get it and most of the people on there now where I live and my number but there are some who don't and I would like to keep it that way.  So I went to dailymile, changed my password and took off the option to automatically upload to FB.  I hated having to do that but I just don't want my information to be public knowledge.  I also changed my password on my email account and will be changing my password on FB tonight after I get home from work. 

I hate having to do this but it needs to be done.  Let's just hope I can remember all the passwords when I need to.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment