Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh Monday, How I Dislike You

I'm not a Monday person at all.  I so dislike the day and wish there was a way around it but alas there is not.

This morning I crawled out of bed around 6:10 to get 5 miles in.  I know now I need to be walking out the door at 6:10 for anything over 4 miles.  By the time I got started it was 6:20 and I needed to be in the shower at 7:00 to make it to work on time.

Here's the low down on this morning's 5 mile run:

Mile 1 - 9:06
Mile 2 - 9:03
Mile 3 - 8:42
Mile 4 - 8:52
Mile 5 - 8:53
Total Miles 5
Total Calories Burned: 508
Total time: 44:48

As you can see the second half of the run was ran faster than the first because I had to boogy on home to get ready for work.  I love to sit with Monkey in the morning watching a couple of minutes of t.v. while she drinks her cup of milk.  Well this morning I sat on the coach inhaling a bowl of cereal while Monkey sat in the recliner drinking her milk.  I felt so terrible because we do the same thing most mornings. 

I've made a decision to change this week's traning schedule.  My original scheduled called for two days off (Thursday and Friday) but I've decided to take Thursday as my rest day and Friday will be spin at the gym.  So instead of running 19 miles for the week, I'll be doing what my schedule calls for 15.  I figure they put 15 miles on this week for a reason and I better not change it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and if your like me and dislike Monday, I hope it flys by for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment