Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Easy Week

This weeks schedule called for three days of 5 miles.  So for all you math folks out there, that's only 15 miles this week.  I was a little disappointed until I remembered that I bought 3lb weights to use while I worked on 30 Day Shred.  Last night I got them out and turned on the PS3 (that's the gadget we use for DVD's in the living room) and got everything set up.  About 10 minutes into my puny little arms were straight up shaking.  They feel fine this morning but I think using real weights and not the food version of weights, is really going to help me see a difference in my body.  I'm planning on doing the 30 Day Shred for just 3 days out of the week.

This morning I had 5 miles planned.  I also had a new route planned but when I hit my road that would take me home I was only at 3 miles so I had to modify the run to get in the extra mile.  Luckily when I hit the second entrance into my neighborhood I was at exactly 4.5 miles and knew that I was going to get in those 5 miles.

Here's the low down of said run:

Mile 1 - 9:20
Mile 2 - 8:55
Mile 3 - 8:38
Mile 4 - 8:34
Mile 5 - 8:32
Total Miles - 5
Total Calories Burned: 506
Average Pace - 8:48
Total Time: 44:00

I honestly have no clue where all that speed came from after mile 2.  I didn't feel as though I was running that fast.  I felt really great throughout the run and even though I got home right at 7, I didn't really feel to rushed this morning.

Not really sure how I'm feeling about the slow week because I've looked at my schedule for the next couple of weeks and the Wednesday's are already scaring me.  Oh well suck it up buttercup!

A couple of pet peeves of mine, earlier this week I went into the restroom at work, sat down, did my business and noticed that there was only a square or two of toilet paper and none on the shelf to replace the roll.  So I quickly made my way to the cabinet where the TP is kept and replaced the roll along with putting extra up next to the toilet.  Today I went to the restroom and again there was only a square or two of paper left.  Come on people, if you see the roll is low, change it.

Second peeve, at lunch today this "old" man told me I was HOT today.  It always makes my day when someone tells me I'm looking good. (I so didn't feel it and thought I was looking a HOT MESS.)  Anywho I called DH laughing that this crazy man told me I was hot.  He got mad, at me, for calling him and telling him.  First off, I tell him everything.  I don't hold many secrets from the hubs and he knows this.  Second, he said it makes him mad that it makes me happy when some dude tells me I'm pretty.  Okay for the record, hubby never, never tells me I'm looking good unless I ask for it and then I have to bascially tell him "I look good today, don't I."  So its basically me saying I look good and him agreeing.  I tell him every single day that he looks good to me (even in his sweaty work clothes or lounging clothes).  I'm constantly telling him this because he does look good to me.  It's no lie, I have a damn fine husband and it makes me happy to tell him that.

Now that I'm trying to fit tears I'm going to get back to work.

By the way, if you would like to try out a cool headband, then head on over to Runfastmommy and checkout her cool giveaway. 

Have a wonderful Hump Day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment