Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another Eight Miles in the Bag

This morning's long run called for 8 miles.  I set out at 6:50 and decided to do a 4-mile loop and then do a 3 mile loop and tack on the last mile somewhere in there.  Well I decided to go into town this morning and try to get the last mile tacked on that way and then do the 3 mile loop but it didn't work out so well and I ended up having to add in some extra running and it really got me down.  Oh, well my  next long run will be planned better, that's for sure.

Here's the stats from the 8 mile run:

Mile 1 - 9:29
Mile 2 - 8:48
Mile 3 - 8:58
Mile 4 - 9:03
Mile 5 - 9:22
Mile 6 - 9:06
Mile 7 - 9:38
Mile 8 - 9:29
Total Miles - 8
Calories burned: 815
Average pace - 9:14
Total time: 1:13:54

As you can see I seem to slow down quite a bit during the 5 mile.  I can't blame dogs this week because I didn't get chased by them today.   I think it had to do with the fact that I had to quickly decide how to add on the miles when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to hit 8 with the route I was taking.  How I sped up during mile 6 only to slow way down again is beyond me.

Bug is at a Tampa Devil Ray's game against the Yankee's so it's just Monkey, the hubs and I this weekend.  We've had a pretty good weekend but as usual it's flying by.  I'm off to give Monkey a bath, maybe a shower since she loves them.  Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment