Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Review

Well another weekend has come and gone.  Mondays are the worst days of the week.  The only good thing about today is that Last Comic Standing comes on tonight.  I'm a huge fan thanks to my little sister.  We call each other after something really funny was said and then just laugh and laugh.  That's the only reason I get up on Mondays.

I honestly had a great weekend.  Bug went out of town with her grandaddy and it was just Monkey and I.  I was able to get my long run in on Saturday, take a shower and could even sit down and eat a bowl of cereal if I wanted to before Monkey got up.  For some reason that girl slept until 9 both mornings.  Awesome.  I did some grocery shopping and the hubs and I enjoyed a night together Saturday night after Monkey went to bed listening to old school music and drinking.  It was so much fun.  I even played some Guitar Hero (like there is going to be a weekend that goes by that I do not play that game).

Yesterday Monkey and I went to my grandmother's house for a fish fry.  We try to go every other Sunday to eat or when we get called.  It's always a fun time and the whole family is there.  I laughed so hard at my sister and dad that I had a hard time eating.  It's memories like those that make going to Sunday dinner at my grandmother's something I really want to do.  We then went to a Japanese steak house for supper with my mom and my sister.  We were celebrating my sister and niece's birthday.  It was a lot of fun and I ate way to much.

I was suppose to run 3 miles this morning but when the alarm went off, I quickly made the important decision to switch it to my later time and get more sleep.  Not sure if it was a good idea or not but we shall see.  I plan on running this evening, probably around 7:30ish to get a good idea of what this Saturday's race is going to be like since it starts at 7:45.  Last year was the first year I ran this 5K and the heat really did a number on me.  This year I'm better prepared considering I've raced at least once every month and twice in a month where I knew I didn't have a race coming the next month.  My goal for the year was to race every single month and so far so good.

I finally told the hubs about my upcoming second half marathon down in Panama City Beach, FL and he decided we would make a mini-vaca out of it.  I'm not to sure about that because my AU boys have an important game that night and I'm not going to be watching it on a tiny t.v. in a hotel room.  I want to be in the comfort of my own home watching it on the BIG SCREEN.  We shall see how the weekend turns out.

I'll post my schedule for the week when I get home from work because my running journal is there with my schedule.

Monday - 3 miles at 9:36 pace (Did these miles on Tuesday, shame on me I know.)
Tuesday - Spin/abs class (also ran 3 miles that I was suppose to run yesterday)
Wednesday - 7 miles (3x1600 at 7:38 pace)
Thursday - 3 miles at 9:36 pace/abs class
Friday- REST
Saturday - 5.9 miles in the morning and then a 5k race in the evening for a total of 9 miles
Sunday - REST

Have a wonderful Monday all!!!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment