Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wow this heat

It's only 11:20 here (South Georgia) and it's already 91 degrees.  PURE CRAZINESS I tell ya.  The weather guy said it's suppose to cool off some tomorrow because rain is coming in and honestly I'm really looking forward to it.  Even the pool we went to Sunday afternoon felt like a hot tub and not a swimming pool.  It was like swimming in bath water it was so hot.  That is just not a whole lot of fun, if you ask me.

On the running front, I actually got out yesterday evening and put the Smart Coach Program to use.  I did the 2 miles that was on the schedule but instead of running them at the 9:23 pace I believe I ran them somewhere around 8:41 (or maybe it was 8:14).  All I know is I felt comfortable running them at that pace and may just amp up my speed but I'm definitely going to take it slow, not to slow, but slow on Saturday's 6 mile run.

When you register for races, do you sign up online or do you mail in the registration form???  I ask because I would rather sign up through the mail rather than online.  I signed up for a race online once and found out that they charged more than what it would costs for me to drop my check in the mail.  Never again.  I'm waiting on the registration to open for the Girl's Inc. Half in Panama City Beach, FL (or at least for them to put a registration form online that I can print off and mail in) but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this one and just register for it through Active.com.  I need to go ahead and get my training schedule picked out because if you really think about it, October is not that far away and will be here before you know it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment