Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wow is this year flying by

It's hard to believe that it is June already.  Where did May go, better yet where did the first 5 months go?  Even though I had time and the hubs was home to help watch the girls, I decided it was better for me to move my 4 mile run to this morning and just enjoy my day off with my family.  We had a blast.  We washed my car and DH's truck.  Played in the kiddie pool and then I took the girls to feed the ducks at the local lake.  Monkey had never done it before so I thought it would be a lot of fun.  She had a blast but the geese did start coming after us in droves, those things scare me, so we hightailed it home not long after the bread was gone.

Bug has some weird stomach virus that DH has picked up.  Hopefully she is on the mend but poor DH is just starting to feel the effects of said stomach virus.  He looked terrible this morning when I left for work.  He's at home now and hopefully will be able to just rest for the day.

I have add another race to my schedule. It's a 12K that's next weekend.  I'm trying to find distance races, which is hard to do down here in the South.  I love 5K races, I just want to be able to see what I can do at different distances, so I've decided to bite the bullet and sign up for the Watermelon Road Race 12K.   This is one of those odd miles (7.49) and I know that I can safely run 7 miles in an hour, so I'm looking at finishing this 12K in 1:05.  I might be eating this post next week after I post my race report, we shall see.  I'm kinda excited to have something to look forward to.  Races in this area are starting to get few and far between.

I'll add my stats from my 4 mile run that I did this morning when I get home and look at my watch.  The first mile was tough and I seriously thought about turning around and calling it quits but I kept on and wouldn't ya know it, it turned out to be a pretty good run.  Surprise surprise!!!!

Stats from 4 miler:

Mile 1 - 8:24
Mile 2 - 8:35
Mile 3 - 8:28
Mile 4 - 8:23
.01 - 7:51
Total Miles 4.01
Total time: 33:56
Total Calories Burned: 407

No comments:

Post a Comment