Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Three

Thank goodness it's Thursday.  I didn't realize until late yesterday afternoon that Monkey had her two year old appointment this morning at 9:30.  I brought her to work with me and let's just say that by the time the appoinment was over and I was dropping her off at the daycare, I was semi-excited to get back to work where I knew it would be at least quiter than my house.  I love my babies but I also enjoy coming to work just for the quietness.

Her appointment went great.  She weighs 29lbs and is 37 inches tall.  She is 95% in her height and 75% for weight.  When she was first born she was even on both scales but as she has grown up, her daddy's height factor has played a big role in her life and now she is just like her sister, tall and lean.  Bug is estimated to top out at 5'8 or 5'9 and I'm not sure how tall Monkey is suppose to get.  Mind you I'm only 5'4 and the hubs is 6'0.  Yes I almost look Bug square in the eye when we are standing next to each other and she is only 8.    Back to Monkey's appointment, she has passed all of what a 2 year old should know and probably knows more than most three year olds know.  The nurse asked me, "If she is looking at a picture can she pick out the different animals?"  I told her "Not only can she pick out the animals, she'll tell you how many are on the page, what the animal is and what color they are."  The nurse then asked me, "Can she name 6 body parts?"  I said, "Not only can she name six body parts, she can point them out and then name and show you somebody parts that she probably shouldn't have learned about yet."  I think I have a genious on my hands.

As for my running, I went on a glorious 4 mile run this morning.  I didn't really want to push it on this run and ran at an 8:30 pace for the whole thing and you know something, it felt very comfortable.  Sure I was tired when I was finished but I wasn't gasping for air or even thought about slowing down.  It felt great.  Tomorrow I'm trying to decide if I want to take the day off from exercising or go to the gym and workout on the bike and then hit up the weights.  Haven't decided yet.

As for Thursday three, what are three things you really need to get accomplished today?

1.  Get the clothes folded and put away.  This is number 1 on my all-the-time to do list.  It never gets done, so therefore it stays on top.  I heard a commercial this morning for a cleaning service and am seriously thinking of calling them to come to my house.

2.  Get the kitchen cleaned.  This usually takes me no time to get done so I can easily be checking this off my list probably an hour after I get home while the pizza I'm making for dinner is in the oven cooking.

3.  Go for a walk with my friend.  I was going to go last night but we had evening storms pop up and I didn't want to drag Monkey outside only to find we would have to sprint back to the house because of rain.  I'm hoping to get out this evening for that walk around the neighborhood.

Have a great Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment