Saturday, June 19, 2010

Slow but steady

whens the race.  Isn't that the saying.  Well this morning I had 6 miles on my schedule and I was suppose to run them at a 9:32 pace (or somewhere around there).  Well guess what I ran those six miles in a 9:00 pace and felt GREAT the whole way.  I would occasionally look down at my watch and see 8:30 and tell myself to slow it down.  I wish I had found this strategy a long time ago.  I'm really to see how my half marathon training is going to go with the slower times.  My goal is run the Girl's Inc. Half in 1:50 and the training schedule I'm using has me finishing it in 1:46, so we shall see.

Stats from today's run look something like this:

Mile 1 - 8:56
Mile 2 - 8:56
Mile 3 - 9:00
Mile 4 - 9:09
Mile 5 - 9:09
Mile 6 - 8:57
62ft - 8:27
Total miles 6.01
Total calories burned: 610
Total time 54:11

These paces look so much better than my pass paces where I start off screaming fast and then die at the end.  Yes I was breathing hard and looked as though I had just got out of the pool when I finally did stop, BUT I felt so much better when it was all said and done. 

Well my sister is bringing her kids over and then I'm taking all of them over to my cousin's house this afternoon for her baby's first birthday.  It should be tons of fun.  I'm also going to be making the hubs a cake today.  The real name of the cake is Better than Sex Cake but for the girls' sake I'm calling it Better Than Father's Day cake.

For those that want to try it one day I'll post the recipe and get pics posted tomorrow when the cake is finished.

1 box of German chocolate cake mix.  Bake according to the directions.
Once cake has baked, poke holes in the top in a line across and pour condensed milk and caramel topping in all the holes.  Wrap the cake in sanran wrap and put into fridge to chill.  Once cake has chilled, I'm leaving in the fridge all afternoon and night, top with cool whip and serve.

It is so good and I so can't wait to dig in tomorrow.

To all the dads out there, I hope you all have a wonderful Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment