Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OHHHH My Aching

body.  Since adding in the 30 day shred to my workout routine I'm definitely feeling in my muscles.  Even though my quads are a little sore, it's amazing how even the girlie push-up can make you sore.  My arms and shoulders feel as though someone has been beating on them with a hammer lately.  My stomach muscles are sore also from all the ab work I've been putting it through.  I'm semi hestiant to move up to level 2 on Sunday.

Yesterday I did a 2 mile sprint and boy sprint is a good word for it.  I ran those 2 miles in 15:38, that's a 7:47 pace.  Where did that come from????  I was blown away when my watched beeped at me the second time and looked down to see 15:38.  It was hard and I was breathing heavy but it felt great.

I'll go ahead and post my goals for the 5K this weekend because I already have them in mind.

A goal.  To run this 5k in 22:30.  This is my ultimate goal.  My 5k PR at the moment is 23:56 but in order to get an  hardware at this race, it looks like I'm going to have to up my game to the A goal.  I live for hardware, so I'm definitely going to give it my all.

B goal.  23:30. I know without a doubt this is in me.  With all of my speed workouts I've been incorporating over the past couple of weeks, I can definitely feel a change in my running when I do even my easy runs. 

C. goal. To finish. 

As you can see I don't have a whole lot of goals in mind for this race, just two big ones that I can hopefully pull off.

I'm really excited about tonight.  Tonight starts my favorite summer show of them all 

This is mine and my family's favorite show and we all sit down to watch it.  I so can't wait.  What's your favorite show to watch as a family?

Have a great Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment