Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday's Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda

I really wanted to get up this morning and go for my 2 mile run but I didn't.  I stayed curled up next to hubs and just snoozed until my alarm went off at the usual time.  It felt pretty good to sleep in but I really wish I had went ahead and got on up.  So this afternoon I plan on doing 20 minutes of Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred and then running my 2 miles.  I'm throwing the time I'm suppose to be running them at out the window and I'm going for the uncomfortable, almost want to puke threshold to see if I can hold the pace.  I'll recap when I get through on how I really did.

As for sore muscles today after the 30 Day Shred last night?  They are sore but not as bad as I thought.  What's really sore is my arms.  I can't do a push-up to save my life and even doing the "girlie" push-up I was still struggling.  Even though the DVD claims that you can lose 20 pounds in 30 days, I'm not really looking to lose weight.  I'm very happy with where I'm at, I'm doing it to cross train and to ton up some muscles.  I don't really like the weight machines at the gym, even though I do use them when I go. 

My schedule for this week looks something like this:

Monday - 2 miles, plus Level 1 of 30 Day Shred
Tuesday - Level 1 of 30 Day Shred.
Wednesday - 5 miles - Track work - 1 mile warm up, 800 at 3:36/800 cool down, 800 at 3:36/800 cool down, 800 at 3:36/800 cool down, 1 mile cool down, plus Level 1 of 30 Day Shred.
Thursday - 4 mile easy jog, plus Level 1 of 30 Day Shred
Friday - Level 1 of 30 Day Shred
Saturday - RACE DAY (Figure out a way to get the Level 1 of 30 Day Shred in)
Sunday - Level 2 of 30 Day Shred.

Next Monday I begin my half marathon training.  I'm doing a 16-week training for it because I really want to work my way up to it and not be rushed at the end trying to get my goal attained.  This way I know I will be able to get it because I worked hard at it.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment