Monday, June 28, 2010

Love

When I walked in the back door at home Saturday morning, I heard the squeals of Monkey and then she flew around the corner and almost tackled me to the floor.  That girl gives the best hugs ever.  Yesterday I was outside cutting the grass and hubby pulled Monkey's blinds so she could watch me.  Every time I passed her window, didn't matter if it was near or far, she was there smiling and waving.  Brought tears to my eyes.  I know my husband loves me, I know Bug loves me, but Monkey's love for me is like no other.  She can make whatever is bothering me melt away completely with just that look of love in her eyes for me.  This is a type of love I know I've never experienced and one I'm so grateful I have.  I'm so looking forward to 5:30 because I know the minute I step foot into her daycare, she'll knock me down with her powerful hug.  AMAZING!!!!

Now that I've managed to put tears in my eyes, not good when your sitting at your desk at work. I'll get on to what this post should really be about, RUNNING.

Today starts my half marathon training.  Yes I know I'm starting the training early for only a half, but I'm doing it this way because I really want to focus on this race.  I trained for my first half, but started slacking there at the end and didn't take it seriously.  This time I want to be prepared and get through this mental wall I have after 7 miles.  I'm good for 7 miles but anytime after that I start losing it and this will help me get through it.

So this is how my week looks like

Monday - 2 miles at 9:42 pace
Tuesday - Spin class plus 30 Day Shred Level 2
Wednesday - 5 miles (warm up, 3 miles at 8:10, cool down)
Thursday - 2 miles at 9:42 pace
Friday - Spin class plus 30 Day Shred Level 2
Saturday - 7 miles at 9:42 pace
Sunday - 30 Day Shred Level 2

On today's run, as you can see, I was suppose to run those 2 miles at 9:42 pace.  I actually did them at 9:08 and 9:14.  I tried as hard as I could to get to the 9:42 pace.  As long as I was close and wasn't pushing the 7:50 pace I know I can run 2 miles in, I didn't let it get to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment