Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy 5th Anniversary

This post is dedicated to the man who showed me what true love really is.

Dear hubs:

Today marks the day 5 years ago when we said "I Do" and I put your wedding ring on the wrong finger and Bug decided that climbing up on the stairs to be with us was the best place to be.  I remember that day just like it was yesterday and you looked so handsome in your tux.  I can still see the nerves on your face but yet I will never ever forget the way your eyes lighted up when I walked out of the bridal room and we got to see each for the first time.  It was a look of true love, whether you want to admit it or not.

Over the years you have showed me the joys of watching college football while drinking Bud Light, even though I'm a not really a beer drinker.  Without your realizing it, you turned me into the biggest Auburn Tiger fan there is and for that I will always love you.  In Auburn fashion, WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!  You taught me how to play cards, but yet you let me lose with the best of them to teach me to rely on my own instincts instead of asking for help constantly.  You believed in me when I said I was going to run a half marathon and you were there for me, albeit late, after I crossed the finish line, smiling that beautiful smile of yours.  Thinking of you and the girls standing at the finish line helped get me through those tough miles.  You let me go on my long crazy runs and you even ask when I get home and am limping around in pain, "How did your run go?"  You were my strength when I had Monkey drug-free and you helped me get through most of the pain by just being there and doing whatever I needed you to do.  I don't think I could have done it by myself if you hadn't been there telling me how strong I was and proud of me you were. 

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't love you more than I did the day before.  These five years have flown by and I have had a blast getting to spend them with you and our beautiful girls.  I'm so excited to see where we are five years from now.  I do know one place that we will be and that is in total love with each other.  There is no one else on this planet that I want to grow old with, your it and you always will be.

I'm glad you picked me to spend the rest of your life with.  Like our vows said, "TILL DEATH DO US PART!!!"

I love you more than you can ever imagine.  Happy 5th Anniversary Baby and I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives hold.

Love you,
Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment