Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Five

I don't usually participate in the Thursday three's, etc., but I decided to do a Friday Five today, to start something new, give myself something to look forward to on Friday.

Here's my Friday Five:
1.  I ran 4 miles in 34:32 minutes this morning.  I came across two dead amardillos and a cat that I thought was dead but was really just sitting in the road.  I'm amazed no car or big rig hit it but they didn't.  That was one lucky cat.

2.  As you are well aware, today is my 5 year wedding anniversary.  We are not doing anything special tonight for it, but tomorrow I'm dropping the girls off with my dad and the hubs and I are heading out of town (Tallahassee, FL) for the night.  I know this may sound crazy to most but we do not have an Olive Garden where I live and we have to go out of town to eat at one, so that's the main reason we are going to Tallahassee, to eat at their Olive Garden.

3.  My mom, Bug, and I are running in the Run for Love 5K in August.  I ran this one last year with a terrible time of 29:XX and still manage to pull a first place out for my age group.  I like this race because it's at 7:45 p.m. 

4.  My vacation starts in ONE month.  The hubs and I both take a full week off from work the week of July 4th and even though we usually don't have any plans, we still have a blast being together.  I always look forward to this week because I get to spend 7 days with my girls and the guy of my life.

5.  Tomorrow I'm going to run 9 miles.  I have no time goal or anything, just want to get a good long run cranked out before the 12K next Saturday.

And there you have five useless things that I felt you should all know about me.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll return on Monday with a recap of Saturday's run and how the rest of my weekend went.  Can't wait to read about all the race reports, good luck to everyone that is racing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment