Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happiness

Bug hates daycares, hates them with a passion.  I have no knowledge of when this hatred came about.  When she turned 2 the hubs and I decided to pull her out of daycare and let her stay with her Nana (hubs's mother) full time.  Then after the hubs and I got married, his mom and dad got a divorce and his little sister moved in with us, so Bug, who is 3 at this time, stayed with her until she started pre-k at age 4.  There was one week during the summer that she was 3 that she had to go to the daycare and you would have thought they were torturing her up there.  She was all excited to go the first day but on the second morning, she woke up and looked me bang in the eye and said "I don't want to go to daycare."  What was I going to do???  She had to go because I had no one to watch her.  She kicked, screamed, had a throw down but by the time I came to get her she was all smiles and happy as a clam but when we got to the car she would say, "I don't want to come back in the morning."  And wouldn't you know it, the cycle started over every morning for 4 mornings.

Since that time I have not put her back in a daycare setting.  After school she goes to the extended day program that the school puts on and then she went to summer camp at our local Y and this year she is going to the summer camp offered by the school.  But they do not start until June 7. 

My lovely sister watched Bug for two days but these last two days I had to find somewhere for her to go and yep, you guessed it, she is going to Monkey's daycare.

She still doesn't have a keen interest of going to a daycare 5 days a week but she did tell me today that she had a lot of fun today and that Monkey's daycare is really neat.  WHAT!!!  THE CHILD WHO SCREAMS WHENEVER WE GET NEAR ONE, ENJOYED HER DAY AT THE DAYCARE!!!  I was just as shocked as you are.

Monkey, on the other hand, is over the moon excited that her Bug gets to come to her daycare for two days.  This morning Monkey basically dragged Bug inside the building, had breakfast right beside Bug and then Bug told me that Monkey started to cry when they told her it was time for her to go to her room.

It's funny where you find happiness and I'm really glad my Bug found happiness in a daycare, FINALLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment