Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Power of

early morning running is great. Since I didn't want to run this evening, and have been getting up early to go exercise on Tuesday and Friday at the gym, I figured that I could get up, at least when the sun was trying to come up, then I could get my 4 miles done and I wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

The alarm went off at 6 and when I finally opened my eyes it was still dark, so I said I'll give it until 6:10 and see how it looks then. When the alarm went off 10 minutes later it was a little bit lighter out so I got ready and headed out the door. It was so foggy and my glasses kept getting wet from it but it was awesome being out there running before everyone else had to get up. I didn't get a chance to grab all my information off of Lil G but I did manage to get her data uploaded to my computer and found out that I ran 4 miles in 35 minutes with an 8:34ish pace. Not to shabby. I actually felt great the whole run until the last .10 miles where I pushed myself to the puke threshold. I hate that feeling but it didn't take long before the feeling faded and I was left feeling refreshed and accomplished.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up early again and running 3 miles. I think I have found my grove and it involves getting up before everyone else. As long as K stays in bed, then I'm usually good to go.

The craziness that is my life, I had two finals for school that had to be done for school. One was taken at the school and the other was taken anytime before 11:59 last night. Well after we finished eating dinner, DH and I went to our respected computers. I logged onto school stuff and he logged on to WOW. Well he all of a sudden started getting logged off of the internet. I was having no problems so I went ahead and started the test. Wouldn't you know it, the damn internet went down when I was on question 12 and for the next hour it kept giving me problems. At one point I started crying because I knew that if I logged out of the system, the test would not let me start it again. For some reason DH couldn't get that through his thick skull and kept telling me that I was going to have to log out. Finally I completed the test. I'm taking the summer off from school and going back during the fall semester. This school stuff, along with a full time job and being a full time parent is HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment