Monday, May 17, 2010

New purchase

When I joined Dailymile right before my half marathon race, I didn't really sign up looking for people to encourage me but that's what I found. I have never met this girl but she gives me the greatest advice and pushes me back up when I'm feeling down on a run. After reading your rave reviews of yoga, I thought to myself, "I'm going to give Yoga another try." So after looking at my local Y's activity schedule and realizing they have no lunchtime yoga session, bummer, I ordered a Yoga: Core Cross Train DVD from Gaiam for $11.98 free shipping even with Fed'x ground. I have a Denise Austin Yoga video but I can't seem to find it and plus I wanted something that worked it all.

I was suppose to go running this morning but when I opened my eyes at 6:00 it looked like it was really gray outside, so I snuggled back down deeper into my covers and just slept until the alarm went back off at 6:50. I really didn't want to go because I got up early Saturday morning, ran 6 miles and never really got a break from being on my legs, they were super sore Saturday night. I also babysat my nephew who is 9 months old, goes to bed around 6:30 p.m. and gets up around 6 a.m. which meant that I was going to have another early day Sunday and even when he went down for a nap, K would be up and she doesn't nap until 1 or so. After lunch, when my sister had come and taken the baby, I crashed and finally got up around 4. It was the best nap I've had in a long, long, long time.

So I plan on going this evening for my 3 miles and since I use Monday and Thursday as speed days, I'm going to see just how fast I can run this. Let's hope a 24:30 3 mile is still in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment