Saturday, May 15, 2010

Redemption

So last Saturday I "attempted" 5 miles. I did them in one of the slowest times known to man. The heat and running after lunch made it just a miserable run overall.

So today I got up before the fam and headed out for 6 miles. I put everything together the night before hit the snooze button three times before convincing myself to get up and go. Once out the door and into the beautiful morning, I realized I did a good thing.

This is how the run breaks down:

Mile 1 - 8:26
Mile 2 - 8:22
Mile 3 - 8:25
Mile 4 - 8:50
Mile 5 - 9:16
Mile 6 - 9:17
.02 - 7.54
Total miles - 6.02
Total time - 52:44
Average pace - 8:46
Total calories burned: 611

I was so pleased with this run. Because I was doing 6 miles I brought along a Hammer gel (apple cinnamon) and my hand-held water bottle. When I hit 3 miles I opened the gel and that's when I fell completely head-over-heels in love with the stuff. That apple cinnamon gel was one of the best things I have ever eaten. It was so good that I finished the whole thing and I believe I could have licked the inside of the package if I could have gotten it open while running.

No comments:

Post a Comment