Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just Couldn't Get It Together

At 5:30 this morning, I looked at my alarm clock and quickly changed the alarm to wake me up at 6:50.  That's right, I didn't get up and go running this morning.  My legs were really hurting me last night, so I decided to take the morning off and reaccess how I feel when I get off from work tonight.  Considering the sun doesn't go down until 8:30 p.m., I'll be able to get in my 3 miles.

Bug is with her me-mee, which leaves me with only one child for the rest of the week.  I forgot how easy it is with one child in the morning.  I finally got Monkey up around 7:30 this morning and we shuffled out the door right around 7:55 and there was no tears, from me nor Monkey.  The only issue I ran into this morning was Monkey wanted to take both her baby doll and doggy to school with her.  GREAT!!!  That means that I'm going to have to remember to get both out of her cubby or she will have a huge fit come bed time. 

You know how most kids get attached to something.  Be it a blanket, stuffed animal, binky, etc.  Well Monkey gets attached to everything at once.  She has to sleep with all of it, it all has to leave the house and it all has to go to school with her.  But in about a week, she'll drop one item at a time until she's not attached, then she'll refind it again and the attachement starts all over again.  Crazy I know but whatch going to do.

Are any of your babies attached to something?

1 comment:

  1. My almost two year old has been attached to a stuffed duck for a little over a year but recently she has added an elephant, a bunny and two babies to the mix. She'll leave the house without them but they all must be in bed with her when it's time to sleep.

    It sounds like your body needed the extra sleep. If you don't get your mileage in tonight, you'll still be okay. Sometimes a little extra rest is just as beneficial.

    ReplyDelete