Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flying Feet 5K

This morning I did the Flying Feet 5K. I wasn't to happy with my time but I did alright. I ran it in 24:35. By Lil G the course was only 3.03 miles not 3.1 but who's complaining. I just thought it was cool to be able to actually know when I hit each mile.

I was suppose to leave my house at 6:50 this morning to get to the race site with time to warm up but because K decided to get up at 7:00 this morning, I had to get her some milk and then give her over to the hubs and run out the door. I went to program the address in the Nuvi but it couldn't find the address, so I finally just programmed Americus and took off. I ended up getting lost twice. I finally found the school with about 3 minutes to spare to find out that the 5K race didn't begin until 8:20 or so. Wiped the sweat off of my brow and did a couple of warm up laps and got ready.

Here's how my pace looked:
Mile 1: 7:44
Mile 2: 8:14
Mile 3: 8:23
.03: 7:01

I love having my status from my runs. So cool.

Anywho, you have to love the running community when you get beat by a lady wearing blue jeans and a guy in a wrestling mask. Crazy, pure crazy.

I came in first for my age group and got a little trophy, so pretty stoked about that.

Next race is June 26.

1 comment: