Monday, May 24, 2010

Blame it on LOST

I was suppose to do my 3 mile speed work this morning but because I didn't go to bed until 12 or so (the series finale was last night and it was 2 1/2 hours long), I decided to do the 3 miles this afternoon.

Saturday we celebrated Bug's 8th birthday at the skating rink. OMG I haven't skated in years. I decided to get the speed skates, thinking that I could definitely handle them. Once I got out on the floor the stupid skate wasn't really lined up right and one shoe kept trying to turn on me. My feet were killing me like 2 minutes after being on the floor so I basically stayed with Monkey at the table. Speaking of Monkey, I put her skates on her, she was doing pretty well, then she went down, asked for the skates to come off and that was all she wrote folks. The girl never put them on after that. Luckily they played the hokey pokey and let everyone, including those not skating, to come out to the floor, so Monkey and my niece went out there and got to run around on the floor. They had a bear mascot out there and Monkey was having nothing to do with him but the niece, she was all over that like it was a piece of candy. She went out to the middle of the floor and danced with him. I wish I had my camera but I left it at the table. Darn, it was so cute.

Overall the party was a huge success. We got home around 4:30 and I so wanted a nap but Monkey was hearing none of it. This is pretty much our conversation:

Me: Monkey you need to take a nap.

Monkey: Me don't want no nap.

Me: but I can tell your tired and I could really use a nap.

Monkey: No No Momma, no nap.

20 minutes later we were in the car going to get some yummy Outback and when I looked in the backseat, Monkey was passed out cold. I guess she really did need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment