Monday, April 19, 2010

What a great weekend

Saturday morning I had planned on getting up early and running 10 miles but I got a later start than I wanted to so I ended up cutting it really short. I only ran 6.85 miles in 1:04:13. Wasn't really upset that I had to cut the run short because we were going to Auburn University and even though DH and I thought that it would be like last year, we had a rude awakening when we got out there and ended up parking like 2 miles from the stadium. So with the 6.85 miles that I ran that morning, then the 4 mile hike in Auburn, I did end up with over 10 miles done for Saturday. My legs were killing me yesterday but it felt great because I hadn't felt that soreness since the half marathon back in March.

I was planning on running in a 5K either April 30 or May 1, but I have since changed my mind and only signed up for a 5K in June. I read on someone else's blog that she wished there were more races in her area and then decided to just go out and plan a half marathon race for herself on a Saturday morning, so I'm stealing her idea and planning one for myself. Haven't gotten all the details sorted out yet but I'll let you all know when I do.

On the Garmin Forerunner front, I've decided that I'm going to take $20 from my paycheck twice a month. Once I get $200 in cash, I'm taking the money to Walmart and purchasing a Visa gift card and then ordering my watch that way. So far I have $20 in my running account. I'm hoping to have the money in roughly 10 weeks. I'm pretty happy with this idea and will not feel bad about purchasing the watch because I saved for it.

Today on my running schedule I plan on doing three miles around my neighborhood. I want these to be my 5K pace, so I'm hoping to try and beat my last 5K PR of 23:56 with a time of at least 23:30, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment