Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Resting and Relaxing

I've had injuries before, but never one to come up a week before a 5K race. I know that 5k's are simple races, only 3.1 miles, but these are my favorite by far. They are quick, mostly painless, and you can move around the rest of the day. But I did something to my heel last Thursday and it was painful to walk on, let alone run 9 miles on Saturday afternoon. So I've taken Sunday, Monday, and I didn't go to the gym this morning to let it heal. It does feel better today than it has since Thursday afternoon. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. C and I will be going for a snail-like pace 2 miles this afternoon.

I've also printed out three registration forms for 5k races. One is April 30 (evening run), May 1, and June 26. I'm contemplating do all three by myself. I'm finding that even though C really does enjoy running the races, she doesn't like to train for them, so I'm contemplating waiting for her to get a little bit older before I sign her up for another race.

No comments:

Post a Comment