Monday, March 1, 2010

Only four more days

and it feels like it is still weeks away some days and just around the corner on next. I usually have no problem getting my feelings about running in check but because this is bigger than race I have normally ran, I'm 10 times more nervous.

Yesterday I decided to go out and see just what I could do. I ran to a friend's house, which is 6 miles away. I did pretty good and did the 6 miles in just what I thought I would do it in, 55 minutes. It was the coming back that got me and I ended up having to walk somewhere around 2 miles maybe a little more but I finished 12 miles in 2 hours and 22 minutes. Not to shabby, if I do say so myself. So that gave me a good idea of what Saturday is going to look like, and I'm hoping to shave a couple of minutes from that. I have a feeling that I will probably get caught up in the race atmosphere. I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep my pace that I want throughout the whole race. Fingers, toes, everything crossed that I can.

On a different note, K has learned a couple of new words this past week. Candy and name. What's funny is when you say, "Is your name K?" She will point to herself and say "Mine". It's too cute. I can't believe that on the 4th, she will be turning 2. My little baby is growing up. This can't be happening. Father time needs to take a slow down pill, LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment