Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A new 4 mile PR was set.

Yesterday at the gym. Because the weather, for some weird reason, turned out to be chilly than expected, I decided to run my 4 miles on the treadmill. So after work I took the girls home, so the hubs could watch them and off to the Y I went.

The place was packed but thankfully there was a couple of treadmills available. So I hoped on one, set the treadmill to 6.6 and just left it there. When I hit mile 4, I amped up the speed on the treadmill to 6.8 and held it for two laps before I pushed myself to 7.2. I finished strong and felt great. My previous time for 4 miles was 37:XX and yesterday I finished in (can you hear the drum rolls) 36:19. I was smiling from ear-to-ear. I now know that I can push myself and get what I need accomplished. This is so exciting.

Tomorrow I'm planning on getting up early (I so hope I can do this again) and heading to the gym to run 4 miles on the treadmill because I hate running in the dark. Then after work I plan on going back out to run another 4 miles but this time out on the street. Because I didn't get my 8-miler this past weekend, I plan on making up tomorrow and splitting the miles to get it done. I honestly don't care how its done, just getting it done is my goal.

Have a great Tuesday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment