Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I now feel like a

RUNNER!!! I bought my first running belt and hand-held runner's water bottle. I can't wait for them to arrive. I've been needing something to hold my gels, cell phone (the hubs wants me to start carrying it with me when I go on my longer runs), ID (for obvious reasons) and chapstick (because my lips get so wind beaten while I'm running). I never in a million years thought that I would need any of these items because I seriously thought I was through running after I graduated from high school. And now here I am, contemplating running another half marathon in October.

C and I didn't get in any running yesterday because I let that be her off day and I was suppose to go to the gym and do spin class but because I was up at 3 a.m. yesterday morning trying to get a hamster back into its cage, I haven't done any exercising since Monday afternoon. I do plan on going running with C again this evening and letting her only do three laps and then I'll continue for two more laps for a grand total of 5 laps (almost 5 miles). Those five laps will be used for sprint-like work, I want to run those two laps at my 5k pace.

I found this neat website today where I could print out a pacer bracelet. I printed out the time I'm hoping for next month on the Darton Go Global 5K (25:30) and it printed out what each mile should be. I also printed one out for C and I did one for my 8 mile run on Saturday. I hope I can keep on schedule or even beat the time I'm thinking its going to take.

Have a great hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment