Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Breaks

are something every one needs to take every once in a while. I find myself in that such place at the moment. I haven't ran, well unless you count running to my car and back to the office, and then back to my car again at lunch count, or running after my children count, but since I don't count those, I haven't ran since Snicker's. I really wanted to go to the gym this morning and do spin but because this cold still has a very tight grip on my head, I decided to just let my body rest and relax. I do have a 5K next month, so on Thursday (hoping my cold is gone by then) I'm going to start training C for it. I use marathonrookie.com as my training guide for the half and since it has a training for the 5K, I'm going to use it to train C for her 2nd race.

Since I've not been running, I find that I'm just not me. I mean, I'm me, but I feel so much more relaxed when I run. I run the stress of the day away, if I run in the evening, which I'm going to start doing more of now that spring is in the air. I enjoy putting my headphones on, turning the music up and just letting my legs take me where they will. I really love the way my body feels after a nice, long run and how much happier I am when I finish a run. I started this whole running thing back up in full force last May to help me lose weight. Once I got down to my goal weight, I realized that I wasn't running anymore to lose weight, I was running to help me be a better person.

I hope to be feeling back to my normal self come Thursday, when C and I take our first run together through our neighborhood. I'm really excited for this and can't wait to put back on the running shoes and just get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment