Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Five

It's finally Friday.  I'm super duper excited because I love short work weeks.  I wish I could have every Monday off.

This morning I had to go to the eye doctor for my yearly eye exam.  I usually go in the afternoons but because our other secretary gets off at 3, I decided to go in the morning and get the exam over with.  Good news, nothing has changed.  My eyes are the same as they were last year, the year before that and the year before that.  My eye sight has only changed once since I had to get glasses when I was 16/17.  I've only had two pairs of glasses.  My first pair looked like Harry Potter's glasses.  They were big and round but I'm not nearly as blind as he is.  My second pair have butterflies on the sides.  I love them.

Here's my random Friday five facts:

1.  I honestly don't know how I manage to get to work on time some mornings.  It's a mad scramble in my house from about 7:30 to 8, to get everyone dressed and out the door.  I did manage to get to work 5 minutes early this morning.  No clue how it got done but it did and I hope to recreate this morning's magic again next week.

2.  I taught a 30 minute spin class last night.  The group that comes on Thursday nights are fun.  We had a blast and I was wiped after the class but I did manage to get on the treadmill and knock out my 2 mile run.  I did the run in 17:46.  Not to shabby for a run right after a spin class.

3.  Speaking of spin classes, I have to teach four next week.  They are going to be on Monday and Wednesday nights for 45 minutes and then Tuesday and Friday morning for 30 minutes.  I'm still planning on hitting all of my runs next week while tackling these spin classes. I should be in awesome shape come next Sunday. 

4.  As you all know, I have a 5k race tomorrow.  Usually I'm already nervous about the race but as of right now, I feel nothing towards it.  I'm more concerned with how to get in 8 miles of running tomorrow.  The race is 45 minutes from my house, so I'm thinking of trying my hardest to get to the race site and getting in a 2 mile warmup, run the race (3.1 miles) and then a 2 mile cool down and just have to settle with a total of 7.1 mile run tomorrow. 

5.  Tomorrow afternoon we have a pool party.  I'm semi-nervous because Monkey likes the water but the first 30 minutes is maddening because she acts like she's never been in the pool before.  We have to coax, beg, plead, and then give her tons of reassurances that she is fine and nothing will happen to her.  Right before we get ready to call it a day, she will then decide she's a big girl and get out there by herself.  Bug on the other hand is a fish.  That girl loves the water and will jump in no questions asked.  I'm somewhat looking forward to it.

There you have it.  I'll be back sometime tomorrow (I hope) with a race report of how the Roo Bear 5K Race all went down.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Before I depart, I just want to give a shout-out to my new reader.  Thanks for coming my way. 

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment