Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Review

I had the best, most relaxing, happiest weekend I have had in a long time.  I did mostly nothing but stay home and had friends come over and it was great.

Saturday morning Bug had a soccer game that started at 10.  But she had to be there at 9:30 so I got up at 6:45 and went for a 6 mile run.  Let me tell you, it was a great run.  I ran at a comfortable pace and just let my legs take me away.  When I got home I told the hubs that I didn't feel like crap for the first time after a  run.  But in me having a fantastic run, Bug had a horrible game.  I guess I took their mojo away.  The girls played terribly and the team they lost to only had 7 people to play with and they beat the tar out of our girls.  It was embarrassing to say the least.

After the game, I braved Walmart at lunchtime to get my grocery shopping on.  With the $100 gift card, I managed to walk out of Walmart with only $22 spent out of our checking account.  I spend anywhere from $100 to $130 a week at Walmart so those gift cards helped.  I still have some Suntrust points and I'm thinking of ordering a couple of the $25 cards. 

After getting home, my sister came over with her kids and we hooked up the water hose and they played outside for a couple of hours before Monkey and my niece had a meltdown over the big wheel.  Once that happened, naps was in order.  Bug, the hubs, and I watched the first Harry Potter while everyone napped.  We then went and had some Mexican.

Question, what did everyone do before t.v.?  I'm asking because at 5:30, our cable and internet went out.  So I called and reported the problem.  My hubby is big into WOW and since he couldn't get on the computer, we played the Wii.  Our stuff was finally back on at 9:30 but because we were having so much fun with the Wii and all, he never got on the computer.  It was a great Saturday night spent with family and friends.

Sunday my friend brought her two boys down (her boys are the same age as my girls) and we sat outside for two hours while they played in the water sprinkler, played with all of the toys we have and us moms got to talk.  I'm a fried lobster today but I would never change what we did yesterday for anything.  It was a whole lot of fun of talking, laughing and watching the kids play.

After they left and Monkey went down for a nap, Bug and I went over to the high school and kicked the soccer ball around.  It is not as easy as it looks.  I would be on a roll getting the ball down the field and all of a sudden Bug would be there and taking the ball from me, stopping and turning around to catch up with her to try and take the ball away.  She ended up getting me every single time.  She's good.

It was a great weekend.  I loved the laziness of it but the family togetherness it brought. 

How was your weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment