Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wild and Crazy Night

So all day yesterday we were hearing on the news that it was going to be some crazy storms coming through last night.  I don't usually take what the weather man has to say to heart because the weather is just such a strange thing to actually pinpoint.

I finally go to bed at 11:30, only to be woken up at 1:30 with what I thought was a strobe light outside our bedroom window but really was a thunderstorm brewing.  The lightening was INSANE!!!!  Our power went off so I was scrambling around trying to find a flashlight, candle, and my cell phone in the dark.  It was no easy task because the lightening was making me more and more uncomfortable and then all of a sudden, we hear the Weather sirens going off.  So at 2 I called my mom and woke her up from sleep to ask her to please get online, turn on the t.v., find out if we need to seek shelter because we are not sure what in the world is happening and my blackberry is not picking up the internet.

After about 30 minutes of being without power, ours comes back on and I turn on the t.v. to find that we are under a tornado warning and severe thunderstorm warning.  I was up until 3 and finally fell back to sleep around 3:30.  So getting up at 5:30 for  a spin class was completely out of the question.  Actually getting up at at 7 didn't happen either.  I finally got up at 7:20 and jumped in the shower.

It's been a hard morning/day because of the little sleep I got last night.  Tonight's not going to be any easier.  With catching flights to New York tomorrow, I'm already jittery, so I have a feeling I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.

I'm going to go ahead and say this will probably be my last post pre-New York.  I'll definitely post after.

Have a great Tuesday, I know I am.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment