Today at 12:09 a.m. Monkey turned 3. I remember clearly the day she was born. The craziness that was the afternoon into the night. Watching America's Funniest Home Videos followed by Deal or No Deal with my family. The realization that we might not make it to the hospital in time and when we did the look on the nurse's face when she said "We have to get you to a room NOW!!!!" Pushing a baby out of your woman parts drug-free, the terrible, terrible pain followed very closely by the most wonderful feeling in the world, your baby in your arms. I'll never for the life of me forget the day I went into labor.
So in honor of Monkey's birthday, I'm doing a tribute to her, Friday Five style.
1. Monkey was born 30 minutes after we got to the hospital. The doctor who delivered her was not in the practice I was using and my mid-wife made it not 10 minutes after she was born. I'm known to have fast deliveries.
2. Monkey is my girl. She's a momma's girl through and through. Even now that's she's 3, I still have to sneak out of the house or she breaks down.
3. That girl will eat me out of house and home. She's not a picky eater, will try anything once, and likes some things that toddlers just don't eat, like salads, brocolli, cauliflower, beets, etc. She's my human trash can and I love her all the same.
4. She has more energy than any child I know. She loves to be outside and can spend hours just playing outside.
5. She loves Bug. Even though Bug is almost 6 years older than her (she's more like 5 years 2 months) they play very well together and fight like they are closer than they really are. It's really cute and funny to watch and hear all at the same time. They keep me busy, that's for sure.
Monkey, it's your day and I hope you have a wonderful 3rd birthday. The years may be flying by but you will always be my baby no matter how old you are.