Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Speed

So after going to bed Monday/Tuesday morning at the lovely hour of 1 a.m. and getting up at 7:00 a.m. to get ready for work, I just knew that I wasn't going to be staying up late last night.  Sure enough when Bug went to bed at 9:30 p.m. (Eastern time) I went to bed also. 

I had mile repeats on schedule.  It was suppose to be 7 miles, did anyone catch the SUPPOSE TO BE???  I got up at 5:30 after arguing with myself that I could do it later and my warm bed was so much better than getting out in the cold, but I didn finally get up.

On the way to the gym I took a Gatorade Pre-Fuel and I brought along a pack of the new Gu I had purchased.  It was cherry limeaide flavor roctane.  I never took it.  I did a warmup mile in 9:22, then sprinted for a mile at a 7:53 pace, then brought it back down for a mile at 8:57 pace, then ramped it back up again for a 7:53 pace, and then proceeded to turn off the machine.  That's right folks, I only managed 4 miles.  I was so tired and whipped that I took those 4 miles in pride.  I wasn't upset that I didn't do what was on schedule I was just happy to get up and actually get some running done.

After I got home I had all intentions of making sure I brought my ice pack to work so I could ice the hip, but I'll let you take a guess at where the ice pack is at this moment????  If you guess sitting in the freezer still at home, then you are the winner.  That's right folks, I left it at home.  Luckily the hip isn't really bothering me and I'll ice it when I get home.

Speaking of ice, if I really wanted to ice my hip  down I could go stand outside and lay on the sidewalk.  It's miserable out side.  They actually had a snow day in South Georgia on Monday and since Bug doesn't go to a daycare anymore, and we are too cheap to put her in one, I opted to stay home.  It was a good idea because not 30 minutes after making the decision, my head started pounding, like I wanted to puke and thought there for a minute I was going to puke, bad.  It was semi-scary for a while there.

Alright tomorrow I have 4 miles on tap (and I do plan on getting them done) and then on Saturday I have a 9 miler set.  I'll definitely be trying the Roctane out on that run.

Angela :)

2 comments:

  1. I love cherry limeade... I need to try that Gu, sounds yummy! Good job getting the 4 miles in, that's definitely better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that flavor to so I was super excited when I saw it on the website. I also got Blackberry packs also.

    Your right though, getting the four miles in, is a lot better than letting my mind fool me and sleep in. I really am very proud of myself for just getting up and getting it done.

    ReplyDelete