Saturday, January 22, 2011

Need to get off my lazy bum

Well I really wasn't that lazy today but a run was not in the cards.  Yesterday after I got home from work, I gave everyone a couple of slices of pizza, changed into my running clothes, and hit the gym for some running on the treadmill.  I had originally wanted to go 4/5 miles but had to call it quits after 3.  Considering I hadn't run much at all this week because of the sinus infection, I was really happy about getting in the three.  I was sweating like a pig and loved every minute of it.

This morning I knew that I wanted to get a run in but I also knew that there was no way I was going to take my booty outside and run in the cold.  You ladies that live up North are some strong women.  It gets down to the 20's around my parts and I'm not leaving the house.

So I decided to try and get a run in while Monkey napped.   It didn't happen.  I instead folded about 5 basket of clothes, picked up my living room, washed about two days worth of dishes, started some more laundry, cleaned out my closet, walked Bug down to her friend's house and still found the time to get in a 15 minute nap.  I also made chicken and dumplings for dinner and got some firewood for the fire that's going in my fireplace right now.

I'm supermom, just kidding, I'm far from it.

No worries, I do plan on getting the run in tomorrow and Monday.  My schedule called for 10 miles today but I was going to go for 6/8 depending on how my chest felt.  I'm hoping for 8 and I'll do the 10 next Saturday.  One day I'll actually follow a training schedule and be really prepared for a race.  One day.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment