Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Freeze

Boy is it cold down here in South Georgia.  Usually we are still in shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops this time of year and to have to bring out the big boys (winter jackets) is just crazy.  The hubs has been surprising me with fires the last couple nights and it's been awesome.  After getting dinner together, getting everyone settled to eat dinner, I then sit by the fire watching t.v. and eating.  It is so relaxing and nice. 

Luckily I had 4 people show up for spin class yesterday and even though I really wanted to just go on back home and skip the class, I'm really glad I did it.  I might have skipped out on a lot of my runs this week, but 3 days of spin classes makes up for it.  My legs are sore but that feel good sore.  I had a blast teaching the classes this week.  I might just get up in the morning and go to my 4th spin class of the week, then do a couple of miles on the treadmill to make up for all the running I'm lacking.  We shall see.

On a good note, Monkey went pee-pee in the potty last night.  She was crying and screaming because we were making her sit on the potty because we knew she had to do No. 2.  All of a sudden the crying stopped, she looked up at me and said, "I peed."  She usually tells me things like that so I will let up get up, so I paused the show I was watching (The Middle, one of my favorite Wednesday night shows) and went to look and sure enough she had peed.  I was so proud of her.  We made a huge deal out of it and I let her pick out a treat.  She was so excited that she asked me if I could call her teachers at school and tell them all about it.  She then told me and the hubs over and over again that she had peed in the potty. 

This morning when she got up out of bed the first thing she asked me was could she go sit on the potty.  Without hesitating I got her on the potty even though her diaper was soaking wet.  I figured it couldn't hurt.

So we are making very small, very slow steps toward this whole potty training thing and I'm hoping to have her fully potty training come March.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment