Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's about time

that I finally get back into running like normal again.  Yesterday I did 3 miles.  I ran them slowly and it was dark and very cold.  I believe the finally time ended up being somewhere around 26 minutes or something like that.  I just really needed to get away from the kids and hubs and the constant barrage of questions I get thrown at me when I first walk in the back door at home.  I just needed some time to clear my head and 26 minutes was perfect for me.

Well today I took my running gear to work to run on my lunch break but because it started sleeting right before my lunch break, I decided not to go outside and run.  I honestly thought all was lost and that I was going to lose another week of speed work.  I called the hubs on my way home from work and told him that I was going to ask a friend down the street to watch the girls for 45 minutes while WE went and worked out.  He agreed, which was a first, and so when I got home I quickly changed into my running gear, we dropped the girls off and hit the gym.  I did 5 miles on the treadmill in 44:07 minutes.  My speedwork called for 2x1600 at an 8:24 pace. Since the treadmill didn't have an exact 8:24 pace, I decided to go for an 8:20 pace for the speed miles and use a 9:05 pace for the easier miles.  Turned out to be a great run and the hubs got in some bike riding and some walking on the treadmill.  Even though we didn't do the same things, it was still fun having him there.

On a different topic, Monkey went pee-pee in the potty after she came home from daycare but then when she got over to our friend's house, she went pee-pee and pooped in her panties.  It's so frustrating because we were so proud of her for using the potty and then we were so embarrassed that she did that while at our friend's house.  Ugghh, is all I can say to potty training.

Well, I'm hoping that I'll be able to drag my big butt out of bed in the morning to go running, but with these cold mornings, I'm just not sure how I'm going to be able to do it.  Hopefully the thought of hitting all my miles in one week will do the trick.  Fingers crossed.

Angela :)

2 comments:

  1. it is so hard to get motivated to get out of the nice warm bed. nice job on the 2 runs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so didn't get out of bed this morning and what's crazy is that I actually turned the alarm off at 6 and then just laid there half in/half out of sleep. I should have went running.

    ReplyDelete