Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tempo Run that wasn't

I had all good intentions when I went to bed last night to get up and go running this morning.  It's the real world that will get you every time.

So I gathered all of my running grear into my bathroom.  My plan was to get up 10 minutes til 6 and head out for a five mile tempo run around 6 this morning.  Well my children had other ideas.  At 1 this morning, I heard someone whispering my name.  It went something like this.

Bug: Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom
Me: What, all bleary eyed and crazy looking.
Bug: I can't sleep.
Me: Get back to bed and close your eyes, you will fall asleep eventually.

2 this morning:
Bug: Daddy, Daddy.
Hubs gets out of bed and sees to Bug.  Comes back to tell me that he has given her some Pepto because she's complaining her stomach is hurting.
Not kidding, 2 minutes later hubs jumps out of bed because Monkey is standing directly behind him and we have no clue how long she has been in the bedroom and what's she's up to.

3 this morning:
Bug: Daddy, Daddy
Hubs gets out of bed again because Bug has gotten just a little bit sick.  I don't do well with vomit, especially in the middle of the night, so I pretend to still be asleep so no one will bother me.  Mentally calculating if I can actually get up at 6 to go running on just 3 hours of sleep.

4 this morning:
Roll over to discover that it's 4:30 and I'm still semi-awake, so I change my alarm clock because there is no way I'm getting up to go running on such little sleep.

5 this morning:
Bug: Daddy, Daddy
Hubs gets up and gets Bug something to drink because she's complaining again that her belly is hurting.

6:50 this morning the alarm goes off and I hit it and roll back over. 
7:00 this morning jump out of bed and rush into the shower because now I'm running behind.
7:30 coax Bug out of bed to find that she's feeling better just tired.  Suck it up buttercup because your going to school.
7:45 coax Monkey out of bed who's ill as a hornet and is slapping at people.  Hubs pops her on the hand and all heck breaks lose.
8:00 Rush from the house very late and get Bug to school, calm Monkey down because she's still upset that Daddy popped her hand, then arrive to work almost 10 minutes late.

So as you can see I didn't make it out the door for a run this morning and it so would have helped.  I'm not going to be able to get the tempo run in this evening either but I am going to go to Bug's soccer practice, get Monkey set up with some snacks, run home to put dinner in the oven (I'm making chicken pot pie and it needs 45 minutes to cook) and then run back to the soccer field to finish watching Bug's scrimmage game.

I did make it to abs class this morning and then the hubs and I laughed so very hard over what went wrong during the middle of the night.

Tonight I'm locking their doors, just kidding, at least I think I'm kidding, LOL!!!!

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment