Thursday, April 29, 2010

Training run with Lil G

Yes I've named my new Garmin Lil G. She made her first run yesterday and she did quite marvelous. Whenever I use to run I would take the Garmin Nuvi out of the truck and use that to mark my miles. I never knew what my pace was until I logged my information onto Dailymile.com (awesome website for keeping track of all your workouts).

Yesterday I slipped Lil G onto my wrist, let her locate her satellites and we were off. I did an easy 3 miles and she kept up with me the whole way. I loved the fact that it told me how many calories I burned (314), told me my pace and my fastest pace and dinged at every mile. I didn't have to keep looking down to see how much closer I was getting to another mile. I see a lot of fun times being had in mine and Lil G's future.

When I got home I plugged her up to my computer and uploaded all my running information to my computer (love this feature) and was able to see where I had been and the route. This watch is pure awesomeness and I know that I will be able to take my running to a whole different level. I'm so glad I got it.

I can't wait to get home and take Lil G out for another 3 miles. I think we are going to go a different route this evening. Running has always been something I've enjoyed doing, but now I'm really looking forward to getting out my running shoes and hitting the pavement, with Lil G tagging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment