Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sore, sore, sore

So yesterday started my three days in a row of teaching spin classes.  Yesterday's class was 45 minutes and let me just say that everyone had a blast.  I got tons of compliments and everyone said they couldn't wait to see me on Wednesday.  Made my whole evening.  Then I got home last night and the hubs had a fire in the fireplace.  I hurridly cooked dinner so I could sit in front of it while watching some t.v. and eat.  It was a really nice evening. 

Monkey is in love with the fireplace.  We had our first fire in it for this winter season on Sunday.  All she could do was go from the hubs to I and repeat, "There's a fire in there."  So cute.  Then she got up Monday morning and went running to the living room and was flipping out because the fire had gone out.  Then when the hubs went to pick up the girls for me while I went to teach spin (gotta bring in the big bucks someway) he had another fire going and she was over the moon excited.

So this morning I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to teach a 5:45 spin class.  This one was only 30 minutes long and let me just say that when your butt is as sore as mine is from the 45 minute spin class the night before, sitting on that thing for at least 30 minutes is torture.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to handle it tomorrow.  I got through the class and then went and did 2 miles on the treadmill.  These were the same 2 miles I was suppose to run yesterday but didn't.  Half marathon training started yesterday and I'm bound and determined to get everything in.

I did the 2 miles in 18:19.  I wanted to take it nice and easy and a pace of 9:05ish was just the trick.  Tomorrow I have a 5 mile tempo run plus the 45 minute spin class, then on Thursday I have another easy 2 miles and then on Saturday I have 7 miles on tap.  Looks like it's shaping up to be a good week of exercise.

On a different topic, I need some help.  We are trying to potty train Monkey.  She is 2, will be 3 in March.  Her daycare started training her when she turned 2 and we try at home but she is not having it.  Over the weekend I started putting her in the cloth training pants.  I set the timer to an hour and would take her every time it dinged.  I also would take her everytime I would go and when Bug was home, she would let her tag along with her.  But to no avail, Monkey still managed to pee in 4 different training pants.  She didn't like the wet feeling of the cloth on her so when she immediately did it, she would come to me and say so.  I've gotten her to go No. 2 in the potty once but it was a fight to get her to do that.  She ABSOLUTELY HATES THE POTTY.  What can I do????  Suggestions, what you did, tips, etc. are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Angela :)

1 comment:

  1. NO idea on the potty training thing (and mine is 3). I've decided not to push it, when it happens it happens (but then again mine isn't in daycare so probably wouldn't work for you :)I totally share your frustration

    good luck!